November babies can choose between two beautiful and affordable gemstones when shopping for birthstone jewelry. Whether you are drawn to warm or cool tones, Citrine and Topaz offer a wide range of color choices for the November birthday girl.
Fun Facts About Citrine
- Citrine is part of the quartz family and owes its orange or yellow color to traces of iron within the crystal structure.
- This beautiful gemstone gained popularity during the Art Deco era and remains the most popular yellow gemstone today.
- Natural citrine is very rare and most citrine on the market today is actually heat treated amethyst.
- This gemstone’s golden and maple tones remind us of fall leaves and warm cider so it’s easy to see why citrine was chosen as a November birthstone.
Fun Facts About Topaz
- Topaz can be found in pink, purple, red, orange, blue, green, and yellow tones, offering many options for November birthday gifts.
- Colorless topaz is also often used in jewelry and can be treated to produce a blue gemstone.
- Topaz forms in some of the world’s largest crystals with some weighing kilos instead of carats. For this reason, it is not unusual to find large topaz gemstones on the market.
- Topaz is pleochroic which means that it can show different colors in different crystal directions.